[R-sig-Debian] rjags install on Ubuntu 10.04

John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Thu Sep 20 04:34:57 CEST 2012

To return to the original topic.

I installed Ubuntu Lucid on a VirtualBox platform (not, unfortunatly my laptop -- too
little disk left) and went through the huge initial updates and setting up R and Michaels
PPA. Installed rjags and things load fine.

So, it seems there's something in my laptop that is getting in the way. Possibly a 32/64
issue, since the laptop is amd64, but VBox guests seem to only like 32 bit mode.

This is annoying, but not devastating. I'll upgrade the laptop in a couple of weeks.

Best, JN