[R-sig-Debian] rjags install on Ubuntu 10.04

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Sep 20 03:24:03 CEST 2012

On 09/19/2012 09:16 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 19 September 2012 at 20:38, John C Nash wrote:
> | I have been having trouble with rjags on Ubuntu 10.04
>                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You may be on your own here. I would suggest updating to something current,
> and remaining current -- at least that works for me. On Ubuntu 12.04 it
> just works:

There is also a numbering issue at work here.  Version 3.3-1 is supplied
by Ubuntu, while my PPA has 3-5, a newer version from Martyn, but not
for Ubuntu.  For apt, 3.3 is > 3-5, so one solution is to use synaptic
to force the install of the more recent version and see if that fixes
the issue, although I would recommend upgrading Ubuntu as the first step.

Conveniently, Martyn release version 3-7 of the package Wednesday
(9/18), so new versions will be hitting the PPA shortly, as soon as I
resolve the numbering issue.

Michael