[R-sig-Debian] cran ubuntu repository and ubuntu 12.10

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Nov 15 20:59:31 CET 2012

On 11/15/2012 01:28 PM, Chris Sims wrote:
> The problem is that the sources.list line is seen as having a syntax
> error when there is no entry after "quantal" (e.g. main, or universe,
> etc.) on the line. So it doesn't matter which repository name I put in
> it.  I have tried several (including the one you suggest) already.
>
> Here is the offending line from my /etc/apt/sources.list file
>
> deb http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/ quantal

Chris,

This (your) version has incorrect syntax:

deb http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/ quantal

This works:

deb http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/ quantal/
							  ^

You need a trailing "/", as per the instructions on CRAN.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
4205 College Drive