[R-sig-Debian] GotoBLAS2 breaks lapack

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed May 9 18:35:59 CEST 2012

On 9 May 2012 at 19:17, Sergei Petrov wrote:
| 2012/5/9 Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>:
| > I recommend using the (already packaged) libopenblas-base / libopenblas-dev
| > package.
| >
| > In casual benchmarking it outperformed the gotoblas2 package it was
| > originally based on.
| >

| apt-get install libopenblas-base libopenblas-dev
|
| LANG=en update-alternatives --config libblas.so.3gf

I never ever play by hand with update-alternatives to override (and I can
simply install or remove as needed to get my preferred choice working), and
guess what, nothing is borked on my system.

I recommend you simply purge the related BLAS packages, install again and
enjoy the (very well working) defaults.

R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com