[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu Lucid, R 2.14.2, and ggplot2

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Mar 22 20:15:26 CET 2012

On 03/22/2012 03:02 PM, Scott Smith wrote:
> I've just updated to the latest R (2.14.2) on my Ubuntu Lucid box, and now the ggplot2 installed as a .deb package fails to work.
>
> $ R -e 'library(ggplot2)'
> Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc) :
>    package ‘proto’ does not have a NAMESPACE and should be re-installed
> Calls: library ->  .getRequiredPackages2 ->  library
> Execution halted

This was an issue with a bunch of packages when R moved to the 2.14
series.  A number of packages had to be rebuilt to fix the NAMESPACE issue.

So this is an issue with your r-cran-ggplot2 package.  The problem is I
am not sure where you are getting the package from.  ggplot2 is not on
the CRAN Ubuntu pages and my cran2deb4ubutu project does not support
lucid.  Where are you downloading the r-cran-ggplot2 package from?

Michael