[R-sig-Debian] Problem installing gWidgetsRGtk2 on Ubuntu 10.04

Karin Eitel karin at frohsinn.cc
Tue Mar 13 11:52:07 CET 2012

dear all,
I'm totally new to R and want to install the RQDA package.
It fails because of a dependency with gWidgetsRGtk2, which doesn't
install because of the following:

> * installing *source* package ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’ ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) :
konnte Funktion "setRefClass" nicht finden (=could not find function
"setRefClass")
Error : unable to load R code in package 'gWidgetsRGtk2'
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’
* removing ‘/home/k/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.10/gWidgetsRGtk2’

I have no idea what this could mean.
I tried it with R-Commander and RKWard with the same result (which is
not surprising)
My system ist Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) and R 2.10.1-2 which I installed with
synaptic.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kind regards
karin