[R-sig-Debian] ROracle package

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 23:51:46 CET 2012

Jose

I have not installed on your platform, but when you gunzip and untar the
.gz there are some pointers in the INSTALL file that may be helpful,
including:

   When installing Instant Client from a ZIP package you will still need
to set
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH but additionally you will need to specify the location of
   Oracle Client libraries and header files via either an environment
variable
   OCI_LIB or a configure option --with-oci-lib. For example, if using an
   environemnt variable

   export OCI_LIB=/scratch/instantclient_11_2

and a few other suggestions that may help.

Paul