[R-sig-Debian] A guide to R packages for Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jul 30 23:13:21 CEST 2012

On 30 July 2012 at 15:51, Dominique Belhachemi wrote:
| Hi everyone,
|
| I am using the backports from
| http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/lucid/ on Lucid and would
| like to create a bunch of additional r-cran packages on my workstation.
|
| Where can I find the latest scripts to automatically create those
| packages? Is https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/cran2deb/ still
| up-to-date?

For Ubuntu, your best bet is Michael's PPA.  AFAIK it covers "a large number"
of package but does not quite have complete CRAN coverage.  See

    https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/c2d4u

For Debian, the less-well-known but equally impressive effort is by Don. See

    http://debian-r.debian.net/

Our old cran2deb codebase is still there and at the core of both of these,
but they essentially branches or "v3.0" implementations.