[R-sig-Debian] package XML does not load in R 2.15.1

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sat Jul 21 19:00:09 CEST 2012

I am makingmy life too complicated?

I must be misunderstanding something

john at john-K53U:~$ dpkg -s r-cran-xml
Package `r-cran-xml' is not installed and no info is available.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

Should I be installing this rather than the XML package (which seems to be installed.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada