[R-sig-Debian] ez package installation fails - ubuntu 12.04

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 30 23:05:07 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Flavio Bastos <bastosfh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I used:
>
> install.packages('ez', dependencies = T)
>
> I also tried installing the following lines at the end of
> /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://sft.if.usp.br/ubuntu/ precise main
> deb-src http://sft.if.usp.br/ubuntu/ precise main

suggesting using the CRAN archive, not the Ubuntu archive.  Because of
the release schedules of R and Ubuntu, the Rpackages on the Ubuntu
archive are usually 9-15 months behind the releases on CRAN.

The Brazil mirrors for CRAN are listed at
http://cran.R-project.org/mirrors.html.  If you used the one in Rio
the line to add to sources.list would be

deb http://cran.fiocruz.br/bin/linux/ubuntu precise/