[R-sig-Debian] A guide to R packages for Ubuntu

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 18:34:59 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Michael Rutter <mar36 at psu.edu> wrote:
> If you want additional packages (over 1,100), you can check out my
> cran2deb4ubuntu PPA:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/c2d4u

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing this with us. It looks like
'cran2deb' did evolve to a useful state.

> In theory, this PPA has all the packages listed in the CRAN Task Views and
> any dependencies.  In practice, is has about 98% of them, as some packages
> have issues.

Is there a reason to limit 'cran2deb4ubuntu' to Task Views packages?
For example, I would like to install all the Rcmdr plug-ins via the
PPA but the only one available is 'rcmdrplugin.doe'. Very useful GUIs
such as 'playwith' and 'latticist' are missing, too. Even some popular
toolkit deps are missing: 'gwidgetstcltk'. Are there plans to increase
the number of packages provided?

Regards
Liviu