[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu Lucid, R 2.14.2, and ggplot2

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Mon Apr 23 23:10:36 CEST 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Johannes Ranke wrote:
> > Dear Dirk, dear all,

> > > It has been inoperational for years as you could have noticed by looking at
> > > the version numbers of the packages you were getting, relative to CRAN.
> > >
> > > Use http://debian-r.debian.net, which is a pretty new, well done "reboot"
> > > of the same idea.
> >
> > This indeed looks nice - I wonder how hard it would be to make the Debian
> > stable/squeeze variant work...
>
> I need to fix a few things, and then I will be doing the rebuilds for
> stable too. Probably two weeks or so.

Builds for stable are now happening, and should be flowing into the
archives in the next few days. Unfortunately, a lot of the newer
packages require R >= 2.14.0 in order to function, so they'll be
missing. If there's significant need for older packages (or if I end
up needing some) I may backport R 2.14.0 and add an additional
squeeze-backports archive, but I have no firm plans to do that yet.

Don Armstrong

--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
research.