[R-sig-Debian] Dependency problem bug with r-cran-vr

Jaisen Nedumpala jaisuvyas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:18:54 CEST 2012

Hi,

I was trying to connect GRASS with R, following the guidelines described here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics

The line in my /etc/apt/sources.list is like:

deb http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cran/bin/linux/debian squeeze-cran/

But when I tried to install r-cran-vr, I got an unmet dependency
problem with r-cran-mass and r-cran-class.
But these two packages were already installed. Then why it happen?
jaisen at debian:~$ sudo apt-get install r-cran-vr
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 r-cran-vr : Depends: r-cran-mass but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: r-cran-class but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
jaisen at debian:~$
Everything was nice and fine, except this one. How to fix this
problem? Please help me.

Regards,
--
- നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -