[R-sig-Debian] make check reg-tests-1b.R fails with Ubuntu R

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Wed Sep 14 17:16:12 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 09:45:44AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> but all it takes is
>
> wajig install libatlas3gf-base

Aha!  I installed that, and now on that machine BOTH the stock Ubuntu
R and my own built-from-source R get the correct answer.  Wonderful!

Is there a good way to run the "make check" tests from an already
installed R?  ("R check" doesn't do it.)

> So try installing 'a better BLAS'.  Maybe we can distill this into a pure C
> program exhibiting the same issue and bring it to the BLAS maintainer?

I know nothing about BLAS C hacking, but the test case R is using does
sound pretty simple.  For bug reporting purposes, I may try setting up
an equivalent C test case a month or two down the road, but I can't
justify the time sink right now.

--
Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>
http://www.piskorski.com/