[R-sig-Debian] r-cran-* packages with recent R alpha release

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Oct 18 22:42:20 CEST 2011

On 10/18/2011 12:24 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 18 October 2011 at 11:00, Sebastian P. Luque wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | After the recent r-base and r-base-core alpha releases in sid, some
> | packages fail to load, e.g. r-cran-bitops:
> |
> | R>  library(bitops)
> | Error in library(bitops) :
> |   package ‘bitops’ does not have a NAMESPACE and should be re-installed
> |
> | I suppose these errors will get fixed after 2.14.0 is released.  In the
> | meantime, should we just downgrade r-base and r-base-core to the testing
> | versions?
>
> Is that an r-cran-* package?  In which case you should file a gentle bug
> report requesting a rebuild (as the 2.14.0 snapshots are in fact in Debian
> unstable from where Michael took'em).
>
> I would reinstall bitops into /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/ rather than
> downgrading R, but either way is fine.

Just to confirm, I was having the same issue using Launchpad to build
packages for 11.10.  The solution was to rebuild the ones causing the
error (bitops in the example above) and things work fine.  Could take
time to find all the problem packages.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College