[R-sig-Debian] using R-devel independently of sid packages

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:40:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to run R-devel in a sid system that has the corresponding R
packages installed (most of them).  I'd be using this primarily for
testing how packages that I maintain would build and check there.  I
know this is available via http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check, but
in some cases I need more control.  I thought I'd have R-devel trunk
live in /usr/local/src/R-devel, and then run it like:

R_LIBS_USER=/usr/local/lib/R-devel/site-library /usr/local/src/R-devel/bin/R

so that I can have packages built with R-devel in a different directory
from those that the Debian packages use (/usr/local/lib/R/site-library).

What is good Debianish practice for running R-devel with an independent
local library for it?

Cheers,

--
Seb