[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu updates: R 2.13.1/revolution-mkl and rjags

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Jul 28 14:27:29 CEST 2011

Ubuntu users,

There is now an updated version of R 2.13.1 available on CRAN.  It has
been compiled with no OpenMP support, which means the "revolution-mkl"
package will continue to work with the latest version of R available on
CRAN.  When OpenMP is used more within R itself, we will re-enable
OpenMP.  The good news is that the OpenBLAS library
(https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS), an optimized BLAS library based on
GotoBLAS2, has been included in Ubuntu 11.10.  I am working on getting
this package backported to older Ubuntu releases.  If there are any
issues with this new version of R, please contact me.

The rjags package has been updated to 3.0, matching the newest version
of JAGS.  Both of those packages are available at my PPA site
(https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/rrutter).  So if you have been
forcing JAGS to remain at 2.2 in order to work with rjags, you can now
allow both to be updated.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College