[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu 11.04, R 2.13.1 & SuppDists package?

Elizabeth Tighe tighe at brandeis.edu
Tue Jul 19 23:16:15 CEST 2011

Is anyone out there using the SuppDists package on Ubuntu for multi-core
processing?

I've been using for nearly a year without problem -- with many thanks to
Mike Rutter for his earlier help!

Recently have been having problems with spawned processes not closing
upon completion of procedure that calls them (most often the LMER
package) ... I'll see that RAM used by the procedure is still in use
after the procedure is completed so I then go through the process list
to kill the spawned processes manually.

SuppDist was originally installed on previous version of Ubuntu (64 bit)
and in previous version of R (64 bit).  I run updates regularly, through
apt-get updates and within R update.packages and it seems it may have
been with the upgrade to R 2.13 that it stopped working.

I'm not expert user of Ubuntu, set it up primarily to be able to run R
and stata analyses in batch mode remotely through SSH connections.

If anyone might have any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Liz Tighe