[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu binaries on CRAN

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Feb 17 03:00:36 CET 2011

Users of R and Ubuntu,

Due to the loss of a server, I have taken over the building of both the
i386 and amd64 binaries of R for Ubuntu.  Those builds are now being
mirrored to the CRAN servers.  A few things have changed.

1.  The packages are now signed by me, not Vincent Goulet.  You will
have to add my key (E084DAB9) with apt-key.  See
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/ for more detailed instructions.

2.  We will no longer be supporting rkward via CRAN.  You can find the
latest stable rkward builds as well as daily rkward builds at
https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel.

3.  I am moving the build scripts that Vincent created and that used to
be available on the CRAN page to Launchpad.  I will proved links when
that move is complete.

4.  The packages found on CRAN are mirrored from a Launchpad PPA that I
have created.  You can find the PPA at
https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/rrutter.  There are some
additional packages available, such as JAGS and coda.  More packages
will hopefully be made available in the future at the PPA.

Thanks to Vincent Goulet for helping me transfer the building process
from his servers to mine, as well as Stefan Theussl for getting things
synced up to CRAN.  Thanks to Dirk for updating some of the Debian
packages, thus forcing me to get the system back on line.

If there are any issues, please let me know.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
Station Road