[R-sig-Debian] Illegal operation with lm on Debian Sid, PowerPC architecture [solved]

Rubén Gómez Antolí lobo at mucharuina.com
Mon Dec 5 22:46:08 CET 2011

Ok.

Forget that message. I can solve it.

I remember that last february I fall in troubles with lm function too.
Search on my old e-mail, I found a thread with Debian maintainer of
r-base-core.

He say me that remove a package:

------------------
| Here are the installed packages on my system:
|
| libblas-dev     1.2-8
| libblas3gf     1.2-8
| liblash2     0.5.4.0-2+b1
| liblastfm0     0.4.0~git20090710-1
| libatlas3gf-base    3.8.3-28

Try removing libatlas3gf-base and see if that helps.
--------------------------

El 05/12/11 22:07, Rubén Gómez Antolí escribió:
> [...]

> ---------- console cut -------------------
> R version 2.14.0 (2011-10-31)
> Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
> ISBN 3-900051-07-0
> Platform: powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu (32-bit)
>
> [...]

> lm> lm.D9 <- lm(weight ~ group)
>
> *** caught illegal operation ***
> address 0xf759c60, cause 'illegal opcode'

Now, removing the «offending» package, lm runs well. (I'll send a bug
report against this on Debian bug db).

Thanks for all.

Best regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.