[R-sig-Debian] Upgrading R on my EEE PC netbook

Mike Cheetham mcheetha at usc.edu
Thu Dec 1 20:48:18 CET 2011

I think switching from Xandros may be the simplest answer in the long term.

I abandoned Xandros on my Eee 701 and switched it to Ubuntu 10.10 which
I found an OK combination (I haven't upgraded as I hardly ever use that
machine now, I use 11.10 on my main PC).  Installation (rather than
running the entire OS) from a USB stick was not too difficult as I
recall, although if you can find someone who will lend you a USB CD
drive installation from a CD would be incredibly simple.

Regards

Mike