[R-sig-Debian] Re : Howto compile chemometrics package from source

denis brion dbrion1 at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 28 17:45:31 CEST 2010

Because:
I still fail to understand why keep posting on this as you
> obviously do not
> use Debian or Ubuntu.

1) I obviously could help him (reminding /usr/local/xxx or any directory  should be writable  does not hurt, does it? Even if it has been done 7 years ago - docs change and are forgotten- )

2 )Some friends of mine use Debian derived or Windows  : I I find _a_ good reason to keep/use Debian, I am not of the sectary kind (any objections?)
3 ) I sincerely thought R was sect/distribution agnostic

4 ) I have a mind open enough to look for other distributions/ package managers (binary P.M.  should be easier - available recent doc, etc... -
 than compiling from source, should not they???)

5) talking about doc: GNU linux magazine dedicated a full _and interesting_  release to Debian package managing: that the bright side, not the "looking for  political correctness" à la McCarthy, , of Debian...