[R-sig-Debian] A newbee problem compiling R in ubuntu.

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Oct 19 15:30:15 CEST 2010

On 10/18/2010 02:06 AM, Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres wrote:
> Dear Paul:
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
>> Let me share you a handy thing I learned. You can get the commands
>> that the R packages are built with, along with the source code.  Make
>> a directory (this will download a bunch of stuff)
>>
>> apt-get source r-base-core
>
> If I do that, but I obtain r-base-2.10.1 not the last r-2.12.0 files.
>
> How can I obtain them?
>
> I want to use them to build my own R-patched 2.12.0 version when they
> arrive.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I am using the cran.at.r-project.org mirror.

Follow the directions listed here:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

To get the source files, you need to add an extra line:

deb-src http://<my.favorite.cran.mirror>/bin/linux/ubuntu maverick/

After an apt-get update, you should be able to download the latest
source with:

apt-get source --only-source r-base

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science