[R-sig-Debian] "untrusted version" warnings

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Sat May 29 20:34:53 CEST 2010

For awhile, at least a week and probably more, aptitude has been
complaining that R packages are untrusted.  I'm using the amd64
architecture.  The packages are r-cran-{cluster,mass,zoo,matrix,digest}.

There have been a couple of recent threads that seem related, but I'm
having trouble interpreting them or their relevance.

i386 is apparently unsigned, but I'm on amd64.
There is some corruption in the amd64 archive, but "untrusted version"
sounds more like a missing key.
Repeated apt-key del and add has been advised (not sure for which
archive), but is not relevant if the packages aren't signed.

So... what's going on and what should I do?  Is it OK to take the
packages as is?

Thanks.
Ross