[R-sig-Debian] Package authentication problem

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Wed May 26 15:22:59 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 26 May 2010 at 14:17, Alberto Santini wrote:
> | Adding cran2deb repository and the gpg key to Ubuntu 10.04, I have a
> | problem when I update the packages: I get a "Not Authenticated
> | Warning" and it seems the packages are not signed.
>
> i386 or amd64?
>
> We are currently rebuilding the archive and have signing turned off for i386;
> the older amd64 binaries should still be signed.
>
> | With 9.10 I had no problem.
>
> How recently?

Just to chime in... I've seen this problem two/three times over the
past two weeks on amd64 Debian/sid. The solution was to (sudo/su)

$ apt-key list
$ apt-key del BFAEA5C2 # the relevant key from the above list
$ apt-get update
$ wget http://debian.cran.r-project.org/key.asc -O- | apt-key add -
$ apt-get update

--