[R-sig-Debian] cran2deb Packages.bz2 Hash Sum mismatch

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed May 26 03:51:50 CEST 2010

On 26 May 2010 at 11:28, Gad Abraham wrote:
| Recently apt-get update has to started to complain:

| Hit http://debian.cran.r-project.org testing/ Release
| Get:1 http://debian.cran.r-project.org testing/ Packages [515kB]
| Fetched 1B in 3s (0B/s)
| W: Failed to fetch
| http://debian.cran.r-project.org/cran2deb/debian-amd64/testing/Packages.bz2
|  Hash Sum mismatch
|
| My /etc/apt/sources contains:
| deb http://debian.cran.r-project.org/cran2deb/debian-amd64 testing/
|
| Any idea?

Yes, sorry about that.

I just asked for advice on debian-devel and it appears to be a "feature" of
the mini-dinstall package we use to create the archive.

The general recommendation seems to be that one should switch to the reprepro
package for archive creation which Charles and I plan to do that.  But it is
not yet clear when we will have time to do so.

--
  Regards, Dirk