[R-sig-Debian] R GUI ???

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Sun May 16 19:35:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 16. Mai 2010, um 18:26:08 schrieb Tim Häring:
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> > There isn't quite an equivalent of the R GUI on Linux, although you
> > might want to look into JGR for a similar experience.
>
> Oh, these are bad news.
>
> > consider any of the available editors: Emacs + ESS, Eclipse + StatET,
> > RKward, SciViews-K, Geany, etc. Search r-help archives since there
> > were countless discussions on the subject. Also look into the wiki.
>
> With which editor am I able to use my scripts - like I did up to now
> with Tinn-R?

I personally prefer the vim editor for any text editing tasks. There are two R
plugins, vim-R-linux which simply passes R snippets from the editor to R

	http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/?page=vim_R_linux

which I packaged for Debian, and a more elaborate version

which is installed like other vim addons from vim.org.

Kind regards,

Johannes