[R-sig-Debian] R GUI ???

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun May 16 18:00:00 CEST 2010

Hello

On 5/16/10, Tim Häring <tim.haering at gmx.net> wrote:
>  I am really happy to find this list. I am not new to R but to Debian or
> Linux in general. Up to now I used R on MS Windows but now I want to use R
> on Debian lenny. I have absolutely no experience with Debian.
>  I was able to install R 2.11 on my system using the instruction in the
> readme on CRAN. I can open R in the shell.
>  On windows I used R with the R GUI or with Tinn-R. Is there the same GUI
> on Debian? I couldn`t find the GUI on my system.
>  Mybe someone can help me?

There isn't quite an equivalent of the R GUI on Linux, although you
might want to look into JGR for a similar experience. Otherwise
consider any of the available editors: Emacs + ESS, Eclipse + StatET,
RKward, SciViews-K, Geany, etc. Search r-help archives since there
were countless discussions on the subject. Also look into the wiki.
Liviu