[R-sig-Debian] R 2.11.0 for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on CRAN

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 13 17:37:13 CEST 2010

On 13 May 2010 at 11:02, Whit Armstrong wrote:
| Many thanks for your efforts!
|
| Just wondering whether the patch for the "segfault with
| format.POSIXct()" will make its way into the ubuntu repositories
| anytime soon?

As a general rule, I make releases only when R Core releases (as well as one
each of alpha, beta, rc leading up to a releases).  Vincent, Michael and
Johannes usually follow through with CRAN ports in a matter of days.

In order words, we just don't provide R-patched.

But I fully expect a new release R 2.11.1 'at some point' as this is what has
happened in the past. That would then include the patch.

In the interim, you can always add a deb-src entry for Debian unstable to
your /etc/apt/sources.list --- this is riskless as the sources will never
magically transform into binaries.  Once you have that, apt-get source
r-base-core gets you the package and applying the patch you desire and
rebuilding a local package is pretty straightforward (esp once you apt-get
build-dep r-base-core).

One day I'll write this up for the R Journal ....

--
  Regards, Dirk