[R-sig-Debian] Non-zero exit status for survival package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun May 9 21:30:32 CEST 2010

On 9 May 2010 at 17:54, xplaner800 at comcast.net wrote:
| I'm using 64-bit Karmic. I've tried to install many packages (including, survival, impute, samr) and others, all with the same resulting message of terminating with non-zero exit status.

Our mid-reading machine is currently undergoing maintenance so unless
you actually show us __the error message you are getting__ there is not much
we can do to help.

For what it is worth, many of us use Ubuntu or Debian daily on i386 and amd64
or other systems and we regularly install packages.  You'll get there too,
but you to do a little better so that we can help you.

There is are FAQs on-line about 'how to ask good questions', see
e.g. http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for one such guide.

Dirk

  Regards, Dirk