[R-sig-Debian] how to update r to lattest version on debian lenny?

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 29 20:23:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 11:43 +0000, Biau David wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> how do you update R on Debian lenny? I have tried to re-install r-base after adding deb http://<favorite-cran-mirror>/bin/linux/debian lenny-cran/ to my backport lists but it keeps installing R 2.7.1.
>
> What should I be doing to get the lattest R release? I need it to install a package (plyr)
>
> Thanks,
>
>  David.
R in Lenny will always be 2.7; the updates will only pick up major bug
fixes.

My understanding is that the newest R is available for Lenny on
backports; I'm not familiar with lenny-cran.

There will be some issues combining new R's with the R packages
available in lenny; the help system has changed.

Ross