[R-sig-Debian] Re : how to update r to lattest version on debian lenny?

denis brion dbrion1 at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 29 14:34:12 CEST 2010

If you need a newer version of R for installing the latest version of plyr, perhaps another solution (as very new versions of R -2-11.0-
will come out soonly ) , which needs 2 lines of bash!,
might be
to download an old version of plyr :

wget  \
http://cran.at.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/plyr/plyr_0.1.1.tar.gz

and install it

R CMD INSTALL plyr_0.1.1.tar.gz

(and then reshape dependencies are satisfied, as there is no lower bound on plyr's versions: you can then use install.packages or what you like).

Nota "\" denotes it is on the same line i bash scripting!!!

Then, you wait one or two weeks and you get R-2.11.0 if you want.
Have nice days.
DB