[R-sig-Debian] Issue w/JGR after 2.10 upgrade: Error: could not find function...

Doug Holton doug.holton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 21:05:44 CET 2010

After upgrading to R 2.10 and upgrading and testing JGR 1.7, I and other
Ubuntu users are getting repeated error messages in JGR that look like this:

 > Error: could not find function ".getModels"
Error: could not find function ".getDataObjects"
Error: could not find function ".getOtherObjects"
Error: could not find function ".getFunctionsInWS"

The object browser and package manager also do not work.

See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1402621

Any thoughts on this?  It's not that JAVA_HOME is set.  I also removed
my local R library and re-installed the JGR package and still got the
same errors.  I ran R with sudo permissions and also got the same error.
I ran sudo R CMD javareconf before re-installing JGR and also no change.
Installed without and without sudo and same errors.
I'm using sun-java6 (jre and jdk).