[R-sig-Debian] why no libRblas.so in ubuntu packages on CRAN?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Mar 3 14:36:48 CET 2010

Also see

     /usr/share/doc/r-base-core/README.Atlas.gz

which tries to explain the rationale and mechanics.  And demonstrates that

| Debian's R and Octave package supported this 'amazing switch' for maybe a
| dozen years now

was incorrect. Merely eight and half years.  Joking aside, the README can
probably due with clarifications on the R side. I originally wrote it when I
also looked after Octave.  If you have ideas to make the README better /
clearer / more compelling please send me patches.

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!