[R-sig-Debian] [R] Wrong symbol rendering in plots (Ubuntu)

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:40:26 CEST 2010

Dear Eduardo

I have been testing!  Please try this experiment.

Create a pdf figure in R. Suppose you call it "myfig.pdf"

Then run

> embedFonts("myfig.pdf", out="newmyfig.pdf")

For me, that embeds fonts and solves the problem of symbols rendering
badly in the newmyfig.pdf.

After you become confident in this, it seems also to work to just
write the same pdf on itself.

> embedFonts("myfig.pdf")

does rewrite the original figure.

I don't know the implications of this for the file size of a pdf that
is created from Latex that incorporates a lot of pdf figures.  Will
test soon.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science