[R-sig-Debian] r-base-core-dbg update issue

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Mon Jun 7 15:56:46 CEST 2010

On 06/07/2010 09:45 AM, Federico Calboli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am on the latest Ubuntu 10.04 and I am upgrading R. I get the
> following error:
>
> r-base-core-dbg:
> Depends: r-base-dev (=2.11.1-2lucid0) but 2.11.1-1lucid0 is to be installed
>
> If that helps my CRAN mirror is:
>
> http://stat.ethz.ch/CRAN/bin/linux/ubuntu lucid/
>
> I did check on the archives for any email concerning the problem, I hope
> I am not duplicating a thread.
>
> Best,

Frederico,

The i386 and and amd64 packages are built by Vincent Goulet and myself,
respectively.  Sometimes, due to are busy schedules, we get our updates
to CRAN at different times.  When you get an error like this, wait a day
for all the mirrors to sync up and it will fix itself.  The 2.11.1-1
version of R should still work without any problem until all the pieces
of 2.11.1-2 are available.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College