[R-sig-Debian] Help for sources.list

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jun 6 17:03:30 CEST 2010

On 6 June 2010 at 14:35, Michael Dewey wrote:
| ># NB: (a) I'm not certain of the difference between installing via
| >#     debian packages, vs. update.packages
|
| I think an explanation of this has recently been added to the welcome
| page you see after R binaries, linux, debian

That is an entirely different topic which has been discussed here numerous
times and which has nothing to do with Ted's problem of failing to properly
upgrade R itself.

I answered that a few times here as well as in other places, see eg

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2170043/r-apt-get-install-r-cran-foo-vs-install-packagesfoo

stackoverflow can be useful as it allows for editing, annotations and
follow-up and relatively easy search (which let me find this quickly within
the 'R' space using a query "[r] install.packages apt" where the [r] search
within posts tagged 'R'.

--
  Regards, Dirk