[R-sig-Debian] R 2.11.0 for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on CRAN

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:31:33 CEST 2010

Dear Michael,

First of all, thank you very much for your work.

Some weeks ago I upgraded the Ubuntu system of my laptop from 9.10
(Karmic) to 10.4 (Lucid), in which I had R 2.11.0, and everything went
ok with R 2.11.0.

Yesterday, I did the same with the PC of my office, but when I tried
to update the packages with:

> update.packages(checkBuilt=T)

I got the following error (I apologize because the messages are in Spanish):

> update.packages(checkBuilt=T)
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Aviso: unable to access index for repository
http://cran.uk.r-project.org/src/contrib
Mensajes de aviso perdidos
In open.connection(con, "r") :
  no fue posible conectarse a 'cran.r-project.org' en el puerto 80.

what is really strange for me, because when I try 'apt-get update'
from the system console everything works fine (I didn't changed the
proxy set up after the upgrade).

I would like to know if this problem is due to the fact of the
uploading process of the new release 2.11.1 or if the problem is on my
side.

By the way, this morning I upgraded to the new release 2.11.1 and I
still have the same error message (I have tried with several mirrors).

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio

PS,
some details of my R version: