[R-sig-Debian] Problem upgrading to 2.11

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 27 00:00:44 CEST 2010

On 07/26/2010 05:57 PM, Ben Domingue wrote:
> Perhaps this is me missing something obvious, but I've also noticed
> that I'm still able to run R even though none of the r-base packages
> seem to be installed (i.e. nothing is returned by apt-show-versions |
> grep "r-base").  I'm not sure what to make of that, but thought it was
> worth noting.
>
> Ben

Did you compile R from source before you used apt-get?  If you remove R
with apt-get and are still able to run R, something is wrong with your
system.  I would remove R with apt-get, reboot the machine, and if you
can still run R, try to find where it is located ("which R") and try
removing that version as well.