[R-sig-Debian] Doubled packages in Debian testing amd64

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.uns.ac.rs
Sat Feb 27 21:36:45 CET 2010

Hello!
I just installed Debian testing amd64, and the fresh R (r-base and
r-base-dev). However, when I installed packages that I use, I realized
that some of them are settled in two palaces: lib and lib64. Why is
that? Is it fine? I hesitate to run my old line for getting rid of
duplicates:
remove.packages(installed.packages()[duplicated(rownames(installed.packages())),1],lib=.libPaths()[.libPaths()
!= .Library])
I sense that this duplicates might be for some reason (64-bits and 32-bits).

Thanks,
PM