[R-sig-Debian] A newbee problem compiling R in ubuntu.

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Feb 2 02:50:20 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 19:36 -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> | If you type "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot"  in the directory where
> all
> | that stuff got opened up (the one "above" the debian subdirectory),
> it
For dpkg-buildpackage I always use -D, which checks that the build
dependencies are present.  Particularly if you're going through the
build the first time, it's a great check.

The man page is unclear whether -D is part of the default behavior; I
think I've found that it is not.

I also use -uc -b, though your style may differ.  See man
dpkg-buildpackage for more.

-r is one option I don't use; at least on lenny, fakeroot is the
default.

Continuing my string of non-R specific responses....

Ross