[R-sig-Debian] [OT] LaTeX peculiarities in Ubuntu 9.10 beta

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Mon Oct 19 21:14:27 CEST 2009

Doug,

I am not quite sure is this answers your question, but...

If you look at the 'build-r-base.sh' script that Vincent Goulet wrote to
build the Ubunutu packages
(https://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/svn/R/cran-ubuntu/build-r-base.sh), the
following was added:

# Change any ~ in the name of the build directory for a - to avoid a
# bug in texi2dvi.
if [ -d r-base-*~* ]
then
     dir=`ls -d r-base-*~*`
     mv $dir `echo $dir | sed y/~/-/`
fi

Our other option was to ask a large man in a nice suit to see if he
could convince Dirk that putting tildes in the titles of his R beta
packages was a bad idea.

This has been reported, and it claims to have been fixed.