[R-sig-Debian] Graphics Device; locator function

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Oct 4 16:50:04 CEST 2009

At 14:40 04/10/2009, denis brion wrote:

>I believe I remember "locator" finishes with a right click;
>And, it is out of topic, but "net""books" may
>have a very small screen : before drawing, I
>usually configure my screen with
>"X11(height=10)" which explicitly opens the
>graphical device and gives a screen which is fully seeable.

Somewhere on one of the R lists, someone
suggested (sorry not to be more specific)

setHook(packageEvent("grDevices", "onLoad"),
    function(...) grDevices::X11.options(width = 4, height = 4, pointsize = 8)
)

in your .Rprofile for use on the Asus EEE
I imagine with judicious choices of width and
height it would work as well on other systems. It certainly works for me