[R-sig-Debian] problems with Rcmdr on R-2.10.0 with Karmic Koala

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Nov 23 23:44:09 CET 2009

On 23 November 2009 at 14:27, Hodgess, Erin wrote:
| Hi!
|
| By using the "update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE)" statement, I got rid of the MASS error.
|
| I got the packages from the Berkeley CRAN repository.
|
| But the Rcmdr menu screen is not appearing.  I think that there may be an issue with tcltk.

It's just a hunch: but by mixing packages and hand-compilation you may no
longer use all the library path entries. So 'your' R may not see the
libraries installed from 'our R' which use:

R> .libPaths()
[1] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library" "/usr/lib/R/site-library"       "/usr/lib/R/library"

Run available.packages() and see if you get what you were expecting. It may
of course be something different alltogether...

Hth, Dirk