[R-sig-Debian] Upgrading R packages on Etch

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Wed Nov 11 23:19:23 CET 2009

Hallo again,

I am glad you got the packages installed, although I would also like to know
what was the problem in the first place. By the way, I think using "sudo"
really is not necessary on a Debian system, as I am assuming you operated
using the root account anyway. This just came into it because Dirk is more
used to helping Ubuntu users and uses Ubuntu himself, too.

After install r-base-core, simply typing

	apt-get install r-recommended

as root should definitely have pulled in all all the dependencies of r-
recommended (r-cran-cluster, r-cran-codetools, ...).

If anyone observes similar phenomena as Ted, please report.

Kind regards,

Johannes