[R-sig-Debian] Conflict Between R and multimedia repositories

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Nov 8 18:38:57 CET 2009

Thank you for posting here rather than on r-help as I suggested. Now, please
re-read what I wrote in response to your first post on the r-help list as

On 8 November 2009 at 18:16, Lorenzo Isella wrote:
| deb http://cran.ch.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian lenny-cran/
| deb-src http://cran.ch.r-project.org/debian/bin/linux/debian lenny-cran/
[...]
| W: Failed to fetch
| http://cran.ch.r-project.org/debian/bin/linux/debian/lenny-cran/Sources.gz
|  404  Not Found

these are _still an invalid URLs that cannot get resolved_. 404s are the
error code that.

One of the niceties of the http protocol is that you can test the URL in your
browser. This one does not work, so you need to correct it.

In deb-src URL you have a double debian, and the for the other one the
cran.ch may be at fault -- but the direct ethz.ch address you get works as I
wrote in my email.