[R-sig-Debian] dvipdf does not work

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon May 25 17:10:50 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Getulio Amaral <gjaa at de.ufpe.br> wrote:
> Dear All,

> I know it is a R list but please let me ask a question about dvipdfm.

> In latex, the command dvipdf file.dvi generates a pdf file. When I use the
> beamer.tex file, the output has different sizes and the slides are not
> suitable for presentation. The dvipfm produces slides with correct sizes
> but some parts of the equations are cut off.

Is there a reason that you want to produce dvi then convert it to PDF
instead of producing PDF directly with pdflatex?  For beamer slides I
usually use the texi2pdf script to ensure pdflatex is run the
appropriate number of times to resolve all the references.

If you use Sweave and want PDF you should consider calling

R CMD texi2pdf mySlides.Rnw

By prefacing with R CMD you are ensured that the TEXINPUTS environment
variable is set appropriately to get the Sweave.sty file.