[R-sig-Debian] ubuntu problem with 'r-cran-robustbase' [FWD Agustin Lobo]

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue May 12 11:45:12 CEST 2009

Agustin, posted on R-help.
I think the problem is one of the debian/ubuntu package
'r-cran-robustbase' and its setup or (missing?) dependencies.

I can confirm Agustin's problem, working on Ubuntu 8.04.2
(8.04 is a "LTS" = long time support version).

  apt-get install r-cran-robustbase

works fine, but when trying to load the package,
there's a DLL - dependency on libRlapack.so
which is not fulfilled (and not fulfillable: There's *no*
libRlapack.so).

For me,

  $ /usr/bin/R CMD config LAPACK_LIBS
  -llapack

and lapack.so is found inside /usr/lib/R/modules/
and liblapack.so from the 'lapack3' Debian/Ubuntu package
is simply in /usr/lib/libpack.so

Could it be that this is caused by an Ubuntu / Debian
mismatch?

Thank you in advance,

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich