[R-sig-Debian] Rgraphviz and R 2.9 in ubuntu jaunty

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Wed Jun 24 17:37:23 CEST 2009

Laura,

My first suggestion would be to go here:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

This will give you instructions on how to make sure you are using the
most recent version of R in Ubuntu.  Once you have upgraded to 9.2
(which I think is a good thing if you are using biocondctor), then try
to get Rgaphviz.  Updating to 2.9 may also fix the biocinstall issue.

I have not used Rgraphviz before, so I am going to make a couple of
general suggestions.  First, make sure you run install command as "sudo
R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz --configure-args="--with-graphviz=/usr/share" ",
as you will need root access.  I also do not think you need the
--with-graphviz option, because under Ubuntu, that is where prts of it
are installed.

If you installed graphviz from source, I would recommend the Ubuntu
packages.  You may also need graphviz-dev and libgraphviz-dev packages
installed in order to compile things under R.

Let us know if you have further questions,
Michael