[R-sig-Debian] Backport of R 2.9.1 to lenny available

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jul 17 17:37:23 CEST 2009

On 17-Jul-09 15:20:10, Michael Dewey wrote:
> At 15:21 07/07/2009, Johannes Ranke wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>You can now find i386 and amd64 packages of R 2.9.1 compiled for lenny
>>in the usual place on CRAN.
>>
>>I have switched from using permanent schroot environments to
>>exclusively
>>using pbuilder, in order to check build dependencies as early in the
>>process as possible.
>>
>>Is anyone in need of an R 2.9.1 backport to etch (oldstable)? I do not
>>need it myself, so I am thinking of leaving it at R 2.9.0 for etch.
>
> Johannes, nobody else seems to have replied to the list but I for one
> would welcome continued backports to etch-cran although it is not
> necessary to have all the minor releases (if that is the right name,
> the ones which only differ after the second .). Perhaps I should say
> why? I have a netbook (EEEPC) which would probably be tricky to
> upgrade and I am not yet confident enough to wipe the whole thing and
> restart with Ubuntu.
>
> Thanks to you and the others on the team who make installation so
> straightforward enough for novices like me.

May I add my voice to this? (I somehow overlooked it originally).
I'm actively running Etch for main work (though experimentally
trying Lenny on another machine -- so far, Etch seems to suit my
tastes better). Therefore having etch-cran kept up to date would
be welcome.

Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 17-Jul-09                                       Time: 16:37:20